Tuesday, August 15, 2006
A Quiet Day..... We Hope
I write before the open of the markets today (15 August 2006).
The markets surged yesterday at the open on the news of a ceasefire in Lebanon and the downgrading of the security threat in the UK. The Dow made triple digit gains. However this rally was shortlived. Concerns about whether two inflation reports due out this week will cause the Federal Reserve to resume its rate-hike campaign hurt stocks and all these early gains were wiped out.
The SPX finished slightly up at 1268.21. The RUT also slightly up 681.73.
The first inflation report is out today. As long as it is in line with expectations then I do not predict any violent moves. In any event both our positions are looking extremely good now and could I hope withstand any large one day move either up or down this week. I fully expect to be making some great profits this month!!
Until next time.
The markets surged yesterday at the open on the news of a ceasefire in Lebanon and the downgrading of the security threat in the UK. The Dow made triple digit gains. However this rally was shortlived. Concerns about whether two inflation reports due out this week will cause the Federal Reserve to resume its rate-hike campaign hurt stocks and all these early gains were wiped out.
The SPX finished slightly up at 1268.21. The RUT also slightly up 681.73.
The first inflation report is out today. As long as it is in line with expectations then I do not predict any violent moves. In any event both our positions are looking extremely good now and could I hope withstand any large one day move either up or down this week. I fully expect to be making some great profits this month!!
Until next time.
