Monday, October 23, 2006

 

A Tough Win

I bet you are all glad to see the back of this month. With the markets ever advancing upward trend (the SPX is up 16% this month!!) our plays were looking fragile but they held on in there and netted us some great profits!!!

I had a few more contracts on than normal and made over $6,000 this month. I have my eye on a little run down flat in Sunderland (in the UK) which is going to net me some good cash after it has been renovated and sold on. My profits will go some way towards paying for this project.

Hope you made some good money too.

Anyway onto the next month. You should have all received in your inboxes by now this weeks play on the SPX. You will see that I am delaying our RUT play until next weekend. The reason for this is that the Fed have an interest rate announcement this week and lets see what they have to say. Get your trades in today if you can and don't forget your stop loss.

As for what the market will do this month, who knows!! It always does what it wants to. The reality is that we must still see the market as bullish. There has been no significant moves to the downside and earnings have been good so far. However the markets are basing their bullish sentiments on the fact that oil prices remain low and US interest rates will be cut soon. If either of these two things don't happen then I would expect a serious drop in confidence and I will be reviewing our positions quickly.

Lets see what this month brings.

Until next time.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?